Monday, January 01, 2007

Friends


For quite awhile I belonged to an online group of women who were married/partnered with Vietnam veterans.  Over the past 6 months or so, I participated extremely little with them - and, when they began making the final plans for their annual get-together in October (the same time as our PALs get-together) I left the group.  So, imagine my surprise when I received this wonderful heart in the mail at Christmas.

Mitzi's a talented artist - she made Tom a "purple heart" with beads & jewels when I had his "welcome home" party a few years ago, when we had finally gotten his Vietnam medals in hand.  That heart I had ordered from her, then she made smaller beaded versions for the vets who came to the party as her gift to them.  I really like this Vietnam vet color heart - it will be hung in our home always.

 

No comments: