Thursday, April 19, 2007

Children


This young man ... a dear friend of my daughter and one of my "adopted" sons ... committed suicide Monday. My heart aches for him and for all of the friends he left behind. I wish he'd really understood how many people cared for him, loved him, wanted him around for the rest of their lives. I pray he's found peace at last ... and that he & his brother are catching up on old times, in heaven.
Please ... if any teen you know attempts suicide even once, if they talk about it, if in any way you know they're thinking about it ... move heaven & earth to get through to them! Chris didn't need to die ... he shouldn't have died. He just shouldn't have ...

4 comments:

Meari said...

My condolences on this terrible thing that happened. I had a friend who committed suicide as a teen also. Sad :(

debbi said...

Life doesn't make any sense sometimes

Prayers to the family Hugs and kisses to you and Kel.

d

Pumpkin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Nancy :o( He may have had lots of people around him who loved him very much but the system is sorely lacking with the help that is truly needed. His family will be in my thoughts.

Sandy said...

How sad, sometimes we don't how bad people are hurting, they won't tell us. You have to dig deep and keep asking. I'll keep you all in my prayers.