Sunday, April 01, 2007

Yea, me! ;o)

The template for this sampler was given to those of us who attended the PALs gathering last fall - as well as the fabric (Picture This Plus) & the fibers (Vikki Clayton's premium silks - yum!) & the embellishments. Mary (M Designs - the designer) had charted the alphabet and many motifs, then we pieced, designed, whatever we wanted to create a personalized family sampler. Too cool!

I've added flags (patriotic, we are!), our house & the year it was built, my DD, our interest in music, a quilt pattern (Dresden plate), a flower (I love my gardens!), my first initial with Tom's, books as we all love reading, a Vietnam vet feather (Tom), CBJ for our home hockey team (our other major passion) & my cross stitching. This was a truly fun piece to create & stitch! I hope Mary releases it to the public - I think a lot of people would have fun with this.

I also have sewn & stuffed 3 pincushions, so will do the final assembling of them today - and I finished "Here I Am" for Tom's new great-niece. I'll post pictures later.

Pretty productive day yesterday with things around the house & stitching - I started the Jane Austen piece from The Gift of Stitching. Today's booster work, the pincushions, then hopefully stitching while CBJ plays today. No outside work - it's been raining & is supposed to do more later today. My fingers are itching to play in the dirt!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your finish! How fun that you were able to personlaize it to fit you and your family.

Sally said...

Wow I love this personalised piece Nancy. Are you going to have it framed?

Pumpkin said...

VERY nice Nancy! The colors and the fabric are perfect together. It must have been so much fun to stitch up since you have it so personalized. I have Souvenir Sampler by The Drawn Thread in my to do pile and I can't wait to start it :o)

~Kim~ said...

Oh I LOVE THAT!!! That is so personal! Thanks for sharing!

~Kim~