Monday, May 21, 2007

Veggies

The guy's worked himself crazy! Ok, he was already crazy... but Tom's put in a LOT of work these last few days, getting the vegetable garden going. The first picture is a few of the mounds for zucchini & such, with his infamous headstone. The furthest is for the 2 little boys next door - they get such a giggle out of Tom doing this! The other is Kel's & says "I told you I was sick". There's a 3rd I don't have here, for my niece's husband. He loves to tease Tom, so he now is in our garden. His says "RIP Joe ASAP". ;o)

Now, we wait for everything to grow & produce ... well, with some help from us & Mother Nature. Still have weed whacking to do at the back since our service didn't treat back there and a few more seeds to sow, but ... we're ahead of last year. Yea!!




5 comments:

Leeny said...

hey nancy, thanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind words. my grandma is doing really well, actually! she has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, so i'm hoping all will go well. and the veggie garden is going to be amazing! the headstones are a bit creepy for me though, hee hee. i'm trying to do a little herb garden myself, nothing as big as yours though, mine are all in pots! :)

Sandy said...

Love the garden, it looks really big and it should keep you all busy this summer. I remember those days when I was younger. :D TFS the photos.

Ruth said...

lol Nancy too funny -- I hope the grave markers don't mark the doom of this year's crops. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind words. You know, any time you want to rid yourself of some of your stitching..... lol

Shelleen said...

cute headstones, Love Kel's saying LOL.

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! That's too cute! Your garden looks lovely just as it is Nancy :o) We have tilled ours but won't be able to plant until June.