Monday, July 02, 2007

there is a needle involved....

Remember the "mail bag" pattern I bought in Berlin last month (was it last month??? *lol*)? This is proof that I've actually begun the process of making one! Yea me! The colors don't show all that well - the blues look more black here ... weird. These 2 sections are the front & back of the body of the bag. I've pieced the 3 sections that make the flap & inside pocket, but I didn't get them sewn yesterday - too much yard work needed done.

If we get rain for the 4th, maybe I'll get more sewing done. K & I are going to the Drum Corps International performance tonight in Centerville, with A & her family. Should be a great time!! Tomorrow night's marching band practice, so booster officer presence. Friday's off to Pittsburgh with a few of my stitching friends ... will some miracle happen that a sewing fairy creeps into our basement & gets this whole bag assembled by Friday? Oh, one may hope! :o)

4 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

Pretty fabrics, they will make a nice bag ;)

Pumpkin said...

Great start on the bag Nancy. I expect that's mine ;o)

Wow, you have a busy time ahead of you! I'm tired just reading your post ;o)

~Kim~ said...

Oh... love it! Can't wait to see it finished. I love Northwoods Prints.. he he. Have a great weekend!

~Kim~

Shari said...

looks great Nancy!!! hey, that kind of needlework counts too!!!!!