Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lockdown

What wonderful high school memories my daughter is building ... today, there was a lockdown. Supposedly a gun was found near the bus garage - one person's been arrested. K said they heard the shot from the gun ... *sigh* Her freshman year, there was a lockdown from a bomb scare ... Now, her senior year, this ... June 2008 won't come soon enough.

I've been stitching this week on a friend's signature RR - need to finish tonight so I can hand it off tomorrow when we all meet. Her whole piece is going to be outstanding when it's done!

I've been in a bit of a funk - I can't seem to shake this cold I've had over a week now. It's not as bad as it was, but it's bad enough to make me tired & grouchy. I'm going to miss MB this year, which is hitting me as really sad lately. I know it's for the best - we've got college visits scheduled then, T's continuing dental surgery's next phase is that week - and it should keep tension or whatever down amongst those attendees who might know or hear about the non-friendship of me & another stitcher. But the thought of walking on the beach - oh, how good that sounds! I'll miss that as much as I'll miss any person, I think! *lol* I think at least some of it is right now, my life's not in my control - there are too many "have to do's" and "need to do's" happening just now and that wears thin quickly.

Aaaahhh .... life does go on. Tonight, X & his parents will be at our house for dinner - YEA!

4 comments:

Shari said...

oh my goodness Nancy...how scary for your daughter. That had to scare everyone. I am so sorry to hear this. Also, sorry to hear you are still fighting your "funk". Hope it clears SOON!!!!!

Pumpkin said...

That is just awful Nancy!!!! What is this world coming to???? No wonder you are frazzled. HUGS!

Sally said...

That is awful. I am thankful that your daughter is safe.

Meari said...

What a scary event... gun@school. Yikes! I hope you feel better soon.