Monday, September 10, 2007

stitching of a different sort

I've gotten some x stitching done recently but I've also spent time doing good ol' sewing ... When 4 of us were in Holmes County a few months ago, Renee & I both chose fabric "charms" (precut 5" squares) we each liked for a messenger bag we saw in a store. I offered to sew both bags - after all, it's all straight stitch. *lol* The sewing & assembly wasn't hard - interpreting the designer's directions were at times challenging - and I made a few miscuts along the way because of that. But, I got through it & was able to surprise Renee yesterday with her finished bag. Now to make mine! :o)




6 comments:

BLGH said...

Hmmmm, I was in your neck of the woods last week. I should have stopped off to get my bag! LOL. It's lovely and looks quite useful.
Brenda

Pumpkin said...

That is SO adorable Nancy! Great job! I bet Renee was some excited :o) And it's blue too.

Okay, when can I expect mine in the mail????

Sally said...

That looks great Nancy!

Marta said...

It looks wonderful!!!

hmmmmm you might inspire me to get my machine out and actually use it ;)

Marta

~Kim~ said...

Love the bag.. wanna make me one too!? KIDDING! I gotta get mine made.. soon.

~Kim~

Renee said...

I just LOVE the bag Nancy!!! You are such a sweetheart and I was completely surprised!!! It's awesome and I've even already used it!! :)

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!