Saturday, January 19, 2008

A finish!



I do have a better picture of this on my camera, but this with my phone camera works for now. ;o)

This is LHN's "Brave Hearts" and I knew the moment I saw it, I had to make it for T. He is truly my hero and he has given so much of himself to serve our country ... I'm taking a biscournu class at CMH today, so I'll leave this for Kathy to frame.

You may notice - if you have this chart - that mine is a bit different. After I'd stitched the house and most of the words and started on the flag, I realized something was a bit off ... yep, I forgot to stitch one whole row of windows on the house! T & I agreed it looked fine as it was, so ... now we know it's mine! *lol*

To all who've shared words about my job & new job search - Thank You! The 2 positions I was researching this past week or so didn't pan out ... Even though employers apparently want my experience & knowledge, they want me to start at step 1 as an employee ... ain't happenin'. I realize there are things you earn by working at a place for a length of time, but if you want "me" you have to give to get. I still think the implosion here is going to happen soon ... the 31st is approaching ... Since Jan 31 is my big deadline (W-2's & 1099's for my clients), for the next week or so, I've got to concentrate more on this job, then I can concentrate on the next one. And, T leaves Wed for 3 weeks, so I'll feel I can spend more time on the computer at home, searching & filling out apps & such.

To all of you who read my blabberings ... thank you! I appreciate your comments!

Well, it is Saturday in January and I am at the office, so I guess I better actually work. Go, Pats!! Stone Dallas, CBJ!!

5 comments:

jsteinbarger said...

Your "Brave Hearts" is beautiful Nancy! Can't wait to see it all framed up!

Sorry things haven't worked out yet on the job front, but I know something perfect will come along soon!!

(((Nancy)))

Julie

Pumpkin said...

As always, you did a lovely job Nancy! If you didn't tell me about the windows, I wouldn't have even noticed :o) What a thoughtful gift.

If you need to vent about work, you know where I am ;o)

Sally said...

Lovely finish Nancy. I would never have noticed the windows. At least you have personalised it:)

Hopefully something will come along on teh job front soon.

Sandy said...

I love Brave Hearts, so pretty. I wish you luck in the job search and some sanity at the one you have to stay at right now. :D Take care.

Renee said...

I can't wait to see Brave Hearts in person! It looks awesome!!!