Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lesson completed



Last weekend, I took a class at CMH to learn how to make a biscornu (a tuffet - pincushion - whatever you wish to call it). What fun!! In the class, we did the border stitching, then began sewing the 2 sides together - not worrying at all about stitching a design or whatever. Since mine was not too far along when I got home, I decided I wanted to stitch something on mine before I finished stitching it all together ... so I did! *lol* I may try another one as my next piece, but on smaller count fabric ... make a scissor fob/ornament size one. We'll see ....

After I finished this last night, I did 2 of the companion pages for the ones I made Thursday night at the scrapbooking class. I'll probably finish the companion pages tonight, then dig in hard on Sunday on P's grandparent flap book. I think after working this morning, hair appts this afternoon, a quick (ha!) stop at Michael's, dinner with my mom & my niece & her family - I won't be up to being too creative, so the companion pages might just be the answer. Oh! And the NHL All-Star game's this weekend - yea!! Tonight's all skills competition - go, Nasher!!!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Your biscornu is gorgeous Nancy.

Pumpkin said...

Congrats Nancy! Easy aren't they? I expect to see a few more on your Blog soon ;o)

d said...

hi hun. poppin in to say hi.

d.