Wednesday, March 05, 2008

And so it begins?



If the planets align just so & She thinks it's time ... this box will eventually (soon?!?) walk out of my office and into my van, never to return. And, more than likely, another box will join in its journey... Yep, Monday I have an interview for a different position with a different employer.

And when I have that occasional "OMG, should I really do this now?", something even more bizarre happens here, as though a big finger's being pointed & a voice is saying "is THIS what you want to work with any longer?". It's downright scary ... I've been here for 14 years. I've never, in all of my bazillion years of employment, been one to change jobs on a whim or after a short amount of time - which translated means, I've no idea how to be interviewed for a job! My gosh, can't everyone just love me & want me all for themselves? So, I'll be "me" and we'll see what does - or doesn't - happen.

In the meantime, I have piles of work to get done & better get to it ... though I'm highly tempted to open my office door & sling it out amongst my coworkers who apparently have nothing to do. Yes, it is better to be busy than not ... and I must keep reminding myself of that.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

OMG! OMG! I'm SO excited for you Nancy!!!! These signs are not to be ignored. I firmly believe that things happen for a reason :o) Good luck in your interview and yes, just be yourself. I will be thinking of you on Monday.

That being said, I should be watching my own signs because there is no way on this earth that I will be returning to the job I have. There's something bigger out there for me and there is for you too :o)