Thursday, May 15, 2008

Decisions, decisions

well, my bosses finally decided about my work time request. i drive 50 miles to & from the office, daily, of course, and at $4/gallon for gas ... OUCH! so, i asked if i could switch to 4 10-hour days or working at home 1 day a week. they've agreed to it!!! something of a minor miracle there ...

so, now i have to look at my calendar & see what will work best. i get to try whichever way & if it doesn't work, switch to the other. i think i'm going to start with the 4 10-hours just 'cause my self-discipline may not be enough for me to get that 5th day of work all done ... and, it gives me another day to do whatever i want.

do any of you work either of these ways? even if you don't ... i'd love to read your thoughts about the change.

and, yes, i've been stitching a bit - finally finished 'bless our home' last night & started a homespun elegance piece. i switched out the dog on 'bless' since we don't have one. looks ok to me! *lol* and i finished 4 pieces into larger pinkeeps over this past weekend. yeah, yeah, i'll get pictures here sometime.

life's just too crazy when there's a high school senior involved! :-)

3 comments:

mercy said...

Hi Nancy :-)
I work 3 12hr days a week for 3 weeks and then 4 12hr shifts for a week. It's hard but you'll get use to it. Plus now you have 3 days off a week instead of 2...think of all the things you can plan to do and not get to! LOL

Pumpkin said...

Oh Nancy, that's WONDERFUL! I tried working those crazy hours before but my Fibro just didn't like it :o( I hope it works for you though. I'd love to work from home but like you, I'm not sure how diciplined I would be. Let us know how it works out :o)

TeresaB said...

Nancy,
I think the 4-10 days are probably easier to get used to. Although the option to work from home is very nice. I've worked from/at home for about 6 years and I really did like it. It does take some discipline, and I suggest a room as an office that has a door you can close. Good luck!