Sunday, July 20, 2008

focus

As you may have read in an earlier post here, I *want* to journal ... maybe a written one only as well as an art one. But, right now, with T&H both so ill, so close to death, creating for myself seems ... hmm ... selfish. Not right. Too many other things taking up my heart, my energy. And, of course, K's getting-closer-by-the-day move to college ...

I thought yesterday I'd add T&H to my journal, spill some memories & emotions ... but, the pics I chose sit on the counter, waiting. Do I think putting those things to paper brings everything too close, too real, too happening-soon possible? So ... those journals sit.

Instead, I've worked on a book for K to take to college, to have a bit of 'home' and 'mom' there beside her. When T goes camping, I send cards, stash some in his luggage ... remind him of home ... and me. Yeah, yeah, I know he won't forget ... but, it's what I do. So, why should K be any different? I've already begun stashing Hallmark cards to send to her. Who doesn't love getting mail? Ok, enough rationalization ...



5 comments:

ExpandForFree said...

Would you like your blog to gain more popularity? Please visit my blog at http://expandforfree.blogspot.com which provides a free Blog Expansion service.

Shari said...

very nice Nancy!!!! You have the creative juices flowing!!! Great job!!

Milly~ said...

Just darling! I know "K" will love it!

Sandy said...

This is a great idea for K, she will love it. Your pages are great. :D

Pumpkin said...

What a beautiful thing you have done!!!! I wish my mother would do something like that for me. It will definitely become something very treasured :o)

I don't know about you but I don't like to write or create anything that is bad. My arts and my writing are my escape from this crappy world. You will make the final, but right, decision :o)