Tuesday, July 15, 2008

this is going to be good ...

A friend of mine - Sandy, in LA - has inspired me to play with "art journaling". *sigh* Yep, I need another plaything ... ;-) I'm not a talented artist by any stretch, but I do love playing & have collected pens & colored pencils & watercolor pencils for a very long time. I've been thinking journaling might be therapeutic for me as Kel begins her college life away from home & have been looking at blogs & journal theme sites - then, here comes Sandy with her beautiful creations. Now, she's an artist (as well as a beautiful stitcher) ... but she was kind enough to send me an email full of cool links ...


So, while I bought a sketch book & a lined journal book, I began to play with ideas in my head. Then, as I looked through a magazine I picked up today (Artful Blogging - too cool!) I saw a picture of clothes hanging from a clothesline, blowing in the breeze and started remembering the clothesline in my grandmother's yard, the one at my parents' home, the one we had in our previous house & Kelli's comments about missing having one here. Then I received an email about clotheslines - the etiquette people followed (hanging your undies on the middle line, between the lines of sheets & pillowcases). Hmmm .. anyone else get the idea I'm supposed to do something with these memories? Yep ... off I went, playing with watercolor pencils (about time, as long as I've had mine!) ...






This could, indeed, be dangerous .... ;o)

4 comments:

Renee said...

How cool! You are so amazingly creative!!!!!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

Shari said...

looks like you have a wonderful start on a new hobby! Will look forward to watching your book come to life

Sandy said...

I love your flowers, see you can do it. I can't draw flowers like that. :D Great job. And thank you for the compliments.

Pumpkin said...

What a creative idea! I hope you continue with it :o)