Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Wow! I'm really behind here! We were on vacation last week, in NH & MA. Can I go back NOW?!?!?! We relaxed - didn't "do" much of anything. I stitched, read, ate, put my feet in the river ...

I got 1 Bent Creek row (summer) almost done while we were gone. Would have finished it but I didn't have 2 of the necessary flosses with me ... and finding a nearby place when you're in the White Mountains just doesn't work. So, I started the fall row & have most of it done. I love how quickly their pieces work up!

We did see the fireworks while in NH. N Woodstock & Lincoln combine a lot of their community things & the fireworks was one. We pulled into a shopping center & waited for them to begin. Sure 'nuff - 9pm, they started. We sat in the van & watched as they were just to our left. Finale goes off, Tom starts the van & 5 minutes later, we're home. Can't quite beat that!

Funny story from our trip: I have a favorite seafood restaurant near Tom's brother's house so Tuesday afternoon, I drive over to get some lobster. They're CLOSED on Tuesday! Wednesday afternoon, we drive to Bill & Bob's for some roast beef - they're closed on Wednesday! Thursday morning, we drive to the Notchview for breakfast - they're closed on Thursday!! We were cracking up by then, of course ... but I still didn't get any lobster! :-( Hmmm ... sounds like as good a reason as any to go back NOW! :-)

I took yesterday off to recoup ... I still felt like I was in the van, driving/riding along! Our garden has exploded! In amongst the weeds *sigh* are lots of veggies. I brought in a HUGE bunch of radishes, 6 zucchini, 2 cucumbers. I could have picked more zukes & cukes (lol) but left some to mature another day or two. Tom fixed dinner tonight with one of the zucchini - stuffed it with sausage. YUM!! I cannot wait for the tomatoes to start turning red!

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

You know, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were :o) I figured it must have been vacation time.

Glad you had a nice time in NH. How can someone not? I had to really laugh at your restaurant story. That would figure! LOL!

I love those BC rows! I can't wait to see pictures.

Thank you so much for your support during this time Nancy. I really appreciate it :o)

Meari said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation. Love the pic. :)

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Sounds wonderful, now I want to go. I grew up in NH and still miss it so. CJ