Friday, August 01, 2008

Ahhhh ... Friday!

I am so thankful it's Friday - which means no office work for me! Oh yeah ... feels good!

Today won't be the most pleasant of days .. in an hour, I'll get in the van & go to Lancaster for the funeral service for my friend's boyfriend. J's still in shock ... As with all things, there's good & bad through this - maybe now, J will let herself have a "life" again ... That sounds cruel, maybe, but she's spent so much time tending to him, often not spending time on herself.

Kel & I will spend part of this weekend shopping for her dorm room & school supplies. *sigh* I catch myself walking past her room, sometimes thinking of the things I can put in her room (my art supplies *lol*), but more often thinking how quiet that room will be without her music, laughter & chats. The steps to adulthood ...

We're finally harvesting tomatoes from our garden. YUM!!! We're losing our cucumber plants & at least one zucchini plant, probably to some pest. Grrrrr!! Tom works so hard in the garden - makes me angry to see his work get destroyed - but we've certainly had tasty harvest this year. Can't wait to taste one of the melons!

Shelleen's given me a blog award - thank you!! I'll post more about that later...

2 comments:

Renee said...

Hope today isn't too tough of a day. Have a great time shopping for dorm room stuff this weekend!!! That's usually fun!

Pumpkin said...

I'm sorry to hear you have to go to a funeral :o( I hope your friend will be okay.

I hope you had a great time shopping with Kel :o)