Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home

We're back from Michigan .. tired, somewhat relaxed ... I played a bit in my journals, but not much. Felt too good to sit & play with the kids, canoe, swim in Lake Michigan.



I read "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield while gone - wonderful book! And as I read, I thought about my dreams ...





There are wonderful trees around the 'resort' T's son manages (a row of 9 cabins, access to the Platte River) - had to try drawing them.



We discovered Monday morning that a tree limb had attacked our van - shattered the back window & left a big dent in the back door. MAJOR grrr!!! It doesn't show well in the scan, but I tried to draw a big purple monster first .. one we'd seen on top of a car dealership (ok, it was actually a purple gorilla) ..



A number of years ago, I was visiting my ex in NC. We stopped at a pull-off (western NC ... beautiful mountains) and I had a sort of epiphany about me, at some future time of my life.






Is it time to go back to MI yet?!?!?

4 comments:

Milly~ said...

Love the pages!

Sandy said...

great pages. Sorry your trip started off wrong. How are you doing otherwise?

~Kim~ said...

WOW, your just moving along! Great job!!

Stop by my blog, I gave you an award!

~Kim~

Pumpkin said...

I really have to give you credit Nancy because I could NEVER do what you are doing. You've done a fantastic job and I love all the ways that you can express your thoughts :o)